I’ve been on a bizarre Greek Salad kick this week. I think I had like 4 of them over the weekend, so when I was planning the menu and trying to come up with non-soup lunch ideas I immediately hit upon the idea of a Greek inspired pasta salad.
Here’s what went in, to make about 7-8 servings.
- 14oz whole wheat rotini
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 1 package of mini bell peppers, sliced
- a few slices of red onion
- 6oz organic Feta
- ~1/3 cup olive tapenade, thinned out with about 2 tablespoons pasta cooking water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
So easy and extremely tasty. I loved it.
It was so gorgeous out on Saturday that I mentally prepared myself for warm weather food season… salads, grilling, melons, berries. And now? It’s 40 degrees and intermittently raining/hailing, the sky is black and I have no desire to leave my house. I’m trying not to get too sad about it. This weekend is high 70’s and sunny — and best of all, we have no plans, other than to enjoy it!