I tried my hand at making some blondies yesterday afternoon. It was rainy and dreary and the day called out for a baking project. I ate a blondie a week or two ago and I can’t get it out of my head. I’ve never made them before, but I’ve been craving them for the past week.
After skimming a few recipes, I kind of made up my own but I think they turned out well. I would definitely make them again, although they’re super rich and buttery! I think I might like them more than brownies.
The vast majority of these will be going to work with me today for a friend’s birthday, but I kept a few of them for Brent and I to enjoy.These were moist and buttery, but not tooth-achingly sweet, which I enjoyed. Next time I make them, I think I’ll definitely play around with the mix-ins, a la VeggieGirl.
- 1.5 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks of butter, melted (.5lb.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups AP flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10oz chocolate chunks🙂
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Dump batter into a greased 9×13″ pan and spread flat.
- Bake approximately 35 minutes, but check sooner around 25 minutes.
- These are so rich that I cut them into 1.5×1.5″ squares, which seemed to be a nice little portion.