I’ve spent part of this morning reviewing some old blog posts to get re-inspired and come up with ideas for future meals. This is my favorite thing about blogging. You see, I have an absolutely dreadful memory. Ask anyone who knows me. I probably don’t remember 70% of my life. The way I see it, this blog is just like an ongoing scrapbook for me, and I love that I have such fun times and delicious meals documented. 🙂
I thought it would be nice to do a round-up of some of my favorite eats of the past year… things I may have forgotten about and want to bring back into my life.
- Deli-Style Rye from Artisan Bread: This bread was delicious, and pretty damn good-looking as well. I need to reopen my Artisan Bread books. I’ve been making the master recipe weekly or so, but I need to try a few of the other recipes again.
- Spinach Linguine with Cilantro-Basil Pesto and Artichokes from Veganomicon: Love this! I don’t think I’ve made it since March, (because I forgot about its existence, obviously).
- Eggplant Meatballs: Such a fun idea, and they were tasty too. I definitely need to make and freeze some of these!
- Kale Ricotta Pizza: I loved this white pizza. I need to add more greens to my life.
- Do you remember sandwich week? Sandwich week was a lot of fun. That apricot sandwich was definitely unique and a favorite of mine.
- I learned that I love tomatoes: Oh man, I miss those CSA tomatoes! They were amazing. And that pizza was probably the best pizza I’ve had all year!
- An Indian Feast: This channa masala recipe is the only Indian recipe I’ve made that tasted really authentic to me, and while not authentic, that naan is pretty amazing too!
- Jamaican Veggie Patties: I’ve definitely not forgotten about these! I’ve actually made them several times over the year (always making a large batch and freezing half.) I absolutely love these.
- Margarita Cupcakes: I’m practically salivating just thinking about that Tequila Lime Buttercream! I’m definitely making these again for Cinco de Mayo 2010.
- Peanut-Butter Granola: I need to reintroduce myself homemade granola. So easy, and perfect for quick breakfasts.
- Stuffed Peppers from Martha Stewart: I loved the cornmeal in these, and they did remind me quite a bit of chiles rellenos.
- Bagels: I think more than anything else I’ve made, Brent loves these bagels. I usually make a dozen or two at a time and stick them in the freezer. They go right from the freezer to the toaster and taste fresh!
- Black Bean Burgers: Having a stash of these in the freezer this past semester has saved me from fast food and ordering pizza many times. They are super simple and versatile. Definitely one of my favorite recipes.
- Huevos Rancheros: I totally forgot about these, which is a shame. Eggs are cheap and super versatile. I actually prefer them for dinner over breakfast. I’m definitely going to make these sometime soon.
This is a small sampling of some of my favorite meals of 2009. I hope to try a lot of new recipes (and share them with you) in 2010! I hope you all have a wonderful New Year’s Eve! Be back next year!