I’m 25 today. It’s sort of ridiculous that 25 being a nice round number makes me feel old, but I’m well-known for thinking and feeling ridiculous things. I’m such a planner and list-maker. It gets me through the day, you know? So of course I’ve been thinking of what I want to accomplish in the next year, and here is the list I’ve come up with so far:
- Graduate Nursing School: Happening in December and I cannot wait!
- Take and pass my boards so I can be The Idle Loaf, RN!
- Get a kick-ass nursing job (Umm…. economy still sucks, so I’d probably settle for any nursing job)
- Celebrate our 5th Wedding Anniversary: 5 years already? No way! It’s true – March 3, 2011! My plan is to convince Brent to take me to wine country
- Attend the Great American Beer Festival. Brent and I and my brother-in-law (who lives in Denver) have tickets for Friday September 17th! Brent and I will be in Denver from the 15th-19th. So excited!
- Move into an apartment that I love in a walkable area
- Run another half, maybe a full marathon. I can’t actually believe I wrote that. A marathon might be a crazy idea. I can’t decide. I’ll settle for another Half.
- See John Mellencamp in concert: This is pretty much a lifelong dream. I’m crazy into Johnny Cougar. It’s probably the most “Indiana” thing about me.
Thus far I’ve celebrated by eating pancakes and bacon prepared by Brent, getting ripped off buying textbooks at the bookstore, and doing an interval workout on the stationary bike while watching Caitlin on the Today Show.
What are some of your goals for the next year?