Experience, right? That really sets an expectation. Not just a tasting, not just a festival: an entire experience. Brent and I made our way to Seattle Center for the Seattle Food and Wine Experience on Saturday. I’m not sure I would call it “an experience” but it was a lot of fun! We ate and drank a ton, so there’s way too much to include here, but I’ll just post some photos and recap some of our favorites.
So much food!
Our favorites of the food:
- Braised Waygu short ribs with sweet yams mash on crostini from Andaluca.
- Hot smoked Neah Bay black cod with powdered chorizo, pickled red onion & crispy chick peas from Blueacre Seafood.
- Kona crusted petite tender with shallot butter from The Capital Grille.
- Charred flank steak and chimichurri pesto with udad strips from Cedar’s Cafe.
- And I had a serious love affair with the donuts from Frostology.
And so much to drink too!
Our favorite drinks of the event:
- La Posta Cocina Blend.
- Vin Du Lac Dry Riesling and Pinot Gris. Best Riesling of my life!
- Brent enjoyed the Ninkasi beers, but we already knew that.
We had such a good time. Between work and his commute Brent is gone a lot more than he used to be so it was a lot of fun to be able to hang out for a few hours without tv and internet distracting us. 🙂