Got to make this snappy because I’m zonked. Cross-eyed and kooky after an insane exam and 3 hours of staining and microscopic examination. Blah.
Dinner was delicious, and consumed in about 1.816 seconds. That happened for a number of reasons. First, I was starving — I killed myself lifting at the gym (I hate wall sits!) and also, I literally had 4 minutes to eat before I had to leave.
SPICY PEANUT NOODLES
- 6oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 head broccoli, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, pressed, drained and diced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha (or red pepper flakes) (adjust to your taste buds)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta has about 2 minutes left to cook, throw broccoli into the pot with it.
- Meanwhile, cook the tofu however you like. You can bake it, or pan-fry it. I tried to pan-fry.
- While pasta and tofu cook, in a small saucepan, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, and garlic until smooth. Simmer sauce about 5 minutes. If the sauce is too thick for your liking (mine was pretty thick but I like it that way), you can thin it out a bit with a tablespoon or two of the pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and put in a large bowl.
- Add carrots and cooked tofu.
- Dump in sauce and mix around until everything is coated.
I really enjoyed this. Peanut butter and spiciness go so well together. The tofu was pretty lackluster. No crispy crust on it. I don’t think I can really fry things that well. Brent will remain Tofu King in our house. This makes 2 or 3 servings. I think like 2 servings, and then a bitty baby portion that I may eat with lunch tomorrow (assuming Brent did not eat it while I was at class tonight.)
If you haven’t already, check out Meghann’s Blogging Bake Sale! Everything looks great and is going like crazy. The toffee is going for $40!