Yep. Beer muffins. I wanted to make something to add in with our lunches and I thought beer bread might be good with some soup, but I also had a bunch of herbs, the tarragon and parsley leftover from the weekend, and some rosemary for later this week, the rest of which were likely to go unused. Brent said he wanted muffins, not a loaf, so this is what I ended up with. 🙂
HERBED BEER MUFFINS
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12oz beer
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together.
- Add in beer and mix until combined.
- Pour into 12 muffins tins, or 1 9×5″ loaf pan.
- For muffins, bake approximately 15-17 minutes.
These were really good. I’m eating one as I type with a bowl of leftover tomato soup from last week. They make excellent dippers. You can use whatever herbs or cheese you want. Cheddar would be great I’m sure, as would some chives. This is just what I had on hand. Also, I broke into Brent’s stash and used a Sam Adams White Ale.
How is everyone adjusting to the reality of Monday morning? Are you one of the lucky ones that doesn’t have work today?